Deadline for applications: 9 am (GMT), 11 September 2013
Intern sought for MRG’s Research, Advocacy and Capacity-building Programme on Minority Rights and Conflict Prevention
The main focus of this internship will be research into the participation of representatives of minority/indigenous communities in peace processes. In addition we have country-focussed programmes; the focus countries at present are Iraq, Egypt, Sri Lanka and Pakistan, but it may expand to include other countries.
Tasks would include:
- Research and production of texts for internal and external use on issues relating to the programme (specific situations of potential or existing ethnic/religious conflict, government policies regarding prevention of ethnic/religious conflict, overviews of existing programmes or research in this field by academic institutions or NGOs, analysis of practice of inter-governmental organisations and governments in the field of conflict prevention and management)
- Administrative and logistics tasks for the conflict prevention programme (helping to organise conferences, advocacy trips, putting together mailing lists etc.)
- Understanding of conflict prevention issues
- Understanding of human rights
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to review large quantities of information and condense into precise documents
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Very good English language skills
- Good understanding of French, Spanish or Arabic
- Understanding of minority rights
- Experience of organising events, using databases
More information can be found here.